The 'Odd' as in 'Odd day out'...
I spent a captivating half hour watching this fellow, hovering and diving just a few yards from his audience as they walked over the hill.
Even got a vid:
...the 'End' is an 'End to the Rapier being off the road for a week'
It's just passed an MOT. How on earth did it get worn swivel and trackrod joints?
It didn't help that I broke a bolt trying the get the old swivel joint out!
Worryingly, I found several bolts loose, including those holding my brakes together! It doesn't inspire confidence. I think I'll have to go over the whole car.
All better now.
I met up with another Rapier owner at 'Classics on the Green'. I got some reference pictures for the garage so they can identify the bits of trim they've yet to find for my car! At least they found my air filter.
|Sill kick plate|
|Sill cover finishing cover|
There were a few other niggles...
- Pentastars (wing badges) in the wrong place *
- Door light switches missing *
- Incorrect wheel nut *
- Door switches missing *
- Trim across back window not in the right place *
- Rear carpets too short? *
- Sill cover trim pieces missing (front wheel arch) *
- Front carpets - not secured (found three buttons, though). Passenger side has hole *
- (sunroof plastic runners missing?) *
- Handbrake cover missing ?
- Soft paintwork! * - already chipped in two places.
- Spare wheel not restored (Mind, this doesn't match the other four) *
- No air filter *
- Missing or wrong screws holding door card on *
- Broken stud on passenger door card *
- Various screws holding trim wrong *
- Too much paint on front grill and headlight surrounds *
- Number plate typeface nearly correct
- Wrong battery clamp *
- Pin stripe on drivers door not straight *
- Carpet in centre console - should be vinyl *
- Front o/s rubber on overrider missing (bolt loose *)
- Sill kick plates missing *
- Seatbelt mountings too tight (spacers missing?) *
- Box section under passenger footwell cracked *
- Vacuum ‘T’ piece missing (brake servo)
- Play in front n/s wheel geometry* - This was the swivel joint and a track rod balljoint
Apart from all that, nothing wrong really...
Also saw this at the 'Green. Apparently only 26 off ever made:
Anyone know what it is?